CAYMAN YACHT REGISTRATION
The main reason that people register their vessels with the Cayman registration is that the boat is flagged with the Red Ensign and as a British ship the vessel comes under the protection of the British Royal Navy. For Cayman flagged vessels full British Consular and Royal Navy assistance and protection are available worldwide.
The Cayman Islands Shipping Registry offers 5 types of registration for your vessel:
- Full registration
- Provisional registration
- Interim registration
- Under Construction registration
- Bareboat Charter
Whom can apply for the Cayman Registration?
The boat must be owned by individuals who are:
- British citizens
- British Overseas Territories and Crown Dependencies citizens
- Cayman Island Citizens
- Persons who are nationals or citizens of a Member State of the European Union, EEA
A company having its principal business in or a partnership established in:
- The Cayman Islands
- The United Kingdom and its overseas territories, BVI, Anguilla, Gibraltar
- Any company established in the European Union or European Economic Area
If the company is not incorporated in the Cayman Islands nor have its business in the Cayman Islands, a Cayman Island representative has to be appointed.
Which documents are needed in order to apply for the Cayman Registration
- Bill of sale, (if used vessel) notarized or bearing company seal
- Builders certificate, (if a new vessel), notarized or bearing seal or stamp of yard
- Completed Registry Forms (including appointment of authorised person –notarized, application to register, declaration of ownership)
- Deletion certificate or transmission documents to transfer from another British Port
- Certificate of Survey and International Tonnage Certificate, Can be done anywhere in the world but has to be done by qualified surveyor of one of the 6 classification societies.
- Certificate of Good Standing, (If Company owned) for the owning company - current (within one month). If the company is incorporated in the Cayman Islands within the same year of the registration, a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation is sufficient. However, if the owner is an individual (or joint owners), we will need a notarized copy of his/her passport
- Name availability (choice of 3 ports)
Ship Radio Station license is carried out by the Utility Regulation and Competition Office of the Cayman Islands (OfReg). Cayman does not maintain an Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon or EPIRB database for 319 MMSI registrations; therefore, all vessel owners should register their EPIRBs with UK authorities, we can offer you the MMSI license for only 169 USD in combination with your registration, the MMSI license is valid for 10 years.